Pope Extends Dramatic Vatican Summit Invitation to Israeli, Palestinian Leaders

64 Responses

1. Debra Lukas says:

Hi McT. I sure know that the churches have changed. I had moved to another city and I cannot find a church who honors God the same way my old church does. I have been in churches where there is no cross and I cannot get an answer from them why. The pastors dont pray like they should, you can tell their hearts are far away from God. I can pray better then most of them, how sad. I speak my mind about what pastors are not doing and how people are turning away from God. I find better pastors on TV and so I have no place to go on Sundays or to give my tithes. Churches are not the same. The Lord’s supper is at the end of the month, pastors dont pray over their people and they dont speak up. I sure can see how they are turning their heads like noting is wrong.
    Debra Lukas

• JohnMcTernan says:

Come to my blog talk radio shows as they try and fill the void from the dead churches.

2. Debra Lukas says:

The world sure is getting what they ask for. Every lost person I talk to say this has been happening for a long time we just never heard about it back then because now we have the internet. People are so blind who are lost. People still wont turn to God, I dont understand that. I want to be close to Him more and more
    Debra Lukas

3. Danielle says:

@Debra ~’so glad to see your post! You are not alone. After moving to NC last year, I thought it was just the area, but it is EVERYWHERE!! There is one awesome Church in Charlotte , but it’s still 35 minutes away … You can feel His Spirit there, and that rarely happens anywhere now. If that’s the only place He shows up, so be it! “A Church alive is worth the drive!” Also, the Lord’s Supper is rarely celebrated in most churches .. Jesus said “Do this in remembrance of Me!”
    I asked a couple of Pastors when they were going to have Communion and you would not believe the answers given . (This was over the past 2 years.) Jesus was not giving a “suggestion,” here. Most people don’t even see these things that are disappearing , because it’s not of any importance to them. If we feel sad about all this, think how God must feel .:( Keep going, family .. We are almost home !!

4. Dan.w says:

I consider this my family,or ‘church home’.This is where like minded believers can come and worship the Lord,pray for one another or together,encourage each other,exchange ways to reach the lost,and exalt the name of Christ.Teaching found here is rock solid,and brother John is not lukewarm in anything.When we disagree with religionists,it is not to hurt them,but in reality,…the human soul is at stake,and it would be better to tell a hard truth than to let the smooth lies go unchecked…until Hell gets another citizen.We contend for the Truth here…something sorely lacking in a lot of quarters.At some point in each of our lives,someone stepped out of their comfort zone,and told us about Jesus.That’s what we do here.Jesus is everything.The Creator,the central theme and person in Scripture.Moses,Abraham,Joseph,etc,all are not only real persons of past history,but also a type and shadow of Christ.They all point to Him.Religion is like road kill…looks good till you get up and close..then you can see it for what it is..a dead rotting corpse that has the form of an animal,but you shouldn’t eat it.God detests religion,..He is all about reconciling us to Himself…and He can and has done that through His Son….if we only take Him at His Word.

5. Barbara in VA says:

John: What would you think of an online communion service, led by you as our chaplain during one of your broadcasts? I so much miss the worship of our Lord by the observance of communion. And since there has been expressed such a loving fellowship of believers on this site, wouldn’t it be that we would be connected in fellowship through the Holy Spirit if we worshiped through this service together?

1 Corinthians 11:23-25 (KJV)
    23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

Maranatha!

6. Brian says:

This is for Danielle, comment #4. Please have John McTernan share my email address with you. I can offer many helpful suggestions of good churches in Charlotte, N.C.

7. Dan.w says:

Therefore seeing we have this ministry,as we have received mercy,we faint not;But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty,not walking in craftiness,nor handling the word of God deceitfully;but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.But if our gospel be hid,it is hid to them that are lost:In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine upon them.For we preach not ourselves,but Christ Jesus the Lord;and ourselves your servants for Jesus’ sake. 2 corinthians 4;1-5

8. Danielle says:

TY Brian ~ I will do that. I know that God’s timing is perfect and He will show me where He wants me to be. One thing that is so important for every Christian: STAY IN FELLOWSHIP !! It only takes a few weeks out there in the world before we can forget who we are and doesn’t the enemy get his foot in the door?! This has never been a problem before. (I always knew where I belonged, so this is new to me. ) God has always led me by His Spirit and I have met so many people who immediately became my brothers and sisters in Christ. Still very close to many of them today… because it was not “Eros” or “Phileo” but it was “Agape” ~ and it was everlasting. You know that kind of love is what John has for all of you here… and the kind we have for each other. Barbara, what an awesome idea about The Lord’s Supper ! I miss breaking bread together ~ very special to me. (Always had wine too .. maybe my Baptist friends were shocked, but the Scripture says Jesus turned the water into wine … not grape juice!) Waiting for Him to come back is hard, but knowing we will spend an eternity together makes it seem easier. So thankful for all of you 🙂 If He wants us to find a physical place to worship at, that will be a bonus. I am with Dan in saying that you are my family, and nothing will ever separate us from the love of God ! Forever His, Danielle

9. Robert says:

Danielle, I live in NC also, I don’t know which side of Charlotte you live in
    but if you live on the north side towards Hickory or Statesville you may wantto check out some of the churches in Alexander county around Taylorsville. Also in June they have the Taylorsville Baptist camp meeting for 2 weeks. It would
    be well worth the drive.

10. Gary B says:

“And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.” Mark 3: 24,25

The USA is probably the most diverse and the most divided nation on earth. I used to hear a thing on the radio that said, “Our strength is our diversity.” But according to the Bible, diversity is not a strength, but a weakness.

The government is forcing homosexual marriage to be legal in the land. The courts claim that the Constitution requires it. But if you read the Constitution, you find that there is no such requirement. As they did with abortion, the judges find the constitution says what they want it to say. But when the courts do that, what happens is the people who know better lose respect for the law. That is what has happened with me. I have no respect for the law. I fear what the government can do to me if I break their laws, but I have no respect for the law or the courts. Or even for law enforcement anymore. The whole system is corrupt.

I wonder how long this country can last given the reality of the situation. And I have not even mentioned the things God might do to it to cause its downfall. And I have not mentioned the economic time bomb that exists that by itself could destroy the country. We are no longer the United States of America. There is no unity that I can see.

11. Danielle says:

TY Robert … I am North of Charlotte & just 30 minutes from Statesville. Taylorsville is a little bit further & I have a close friend who is a Chaplain in Taylorsville, so I will also give him a call. Tx to everyone for your help ~ God’s blessings to you !!

12. Dan.w says:

To brother Gary,..I have respect for the law,when it honors God.I will be obey,and be a good citizen of this country as much as possible,but will not obey immoral or unbiblical laws or requests.No matter how much we try though,we will always be outcasts and refuse to the world and it’s system because it is against Christ at nearly every turn.My real home,like yours is heavenly,and we are but pilgrims snatching firebrands while here.America has Ichabod all over it.I plan on continuing to invest in heavenly things…this ship is sinking.God bless all of you,Dan.w

13. Dan.w says:

Search the scriptures;for in them ye think ye have eternal life;and they are they which testify of me.And ye will not come to me,that ye might have life.I receive not honor from men.But I know you,that ye have not the love of God in you.I am come in my Father’s name,and ye receive me not;if another shall come in his own name,him ye will receive. John 5;39-43

14. Loretta says:

John ..re: communion.. I think that would be wonderful. also we need to finish those verses in I Corinth 11; Paul warns us to approach this with a clean heart, it is very serious.

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.

30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

15. Danielle says:

Brother John,
    When you speak with Pastor Fred and the Hausers about Communion, will you please comment on the Scriptures that Loretta posted above? I know that it is a serious matter, and also we should not take it “unworthily.” At the same time I was wondering how could we be unworthy if Jesus cleansed us once and for all and forgave our sins? The times in the past when I have felt the Holy Spirit most, was always at a church where communion was given freely, weekly, and without reservation. (Loretta, thank you for posting.) Tx Brother John for all you do.
    Blessings !!

16. Dan.w says:

Matt,please read Ephesians 2;8-9,thanks,Dan.w

17. Matt says:

Dan,
    Ephesians 2:10: “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.”

In Matthew 12:37, Jesus “. . . for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Don’t forget your works and words. Faith alone can not save you.

• JohnMcTernan says:

Here is the words that save justify and save us.
      Romans 10:9,10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

18. Dan.w says:

Matt,if faith alone cannot save,then Jesus must have been mistaken when He told the thief on the cross…today you shall be with me in paradise….oh,I forgot…the thief was nailed to the cross,and could not work for his salvation.Works are an out growth of faith.Works are the fruit.Without the root in Christ,you have someone else as head,and if your work comes before faith,Jesus is not the head,but satan is.Works is part of a two headed coin.Heads is faith,tails is works.It always comes up heads first in God’s economy before it comes up tails .The Bible doe’s not bear out your conclusion,but exposes you as a person who trusts in other men and their opinions more than the inspired Word found in Scripture.You are in your mind,well meaning,but Biblically,to those without disscernment,you are a wolf……Please read the Scriptures,not read into them. I’m not swayed or fooled,I know in whom I trust……..Jesus paid it 100% for me.

19. Dan.w says:

People…These discussions are good.Maybe America is in the mess it is,is because ‘churches’ as a whole refuse to talk about these important topics,and instead play ‘touchy feely with the world,and tell,stories and throw parties,instead of reaching the lost and contending for the faith.The hour is late.

20. Matt says:

Dan,
    The thief did do a lot of work for his salvation. The thief acknowledged that Jesus is God, confessed his sins, he repented, he sought hope, he defended Jesus, he comforted Mary, endured mocking in Jesus’ name, and then suffered longer on the cross than after Jesus died on the cross. What a true Christian!

James 2:17 reminds us that “faith of itself, if it does not have work, is dead.” In verse 24 James says, “See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.” And in 26: “For just as a body without a spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead” However it is only by God’s grace–completely unmerited by works–that one is saved. Philippians 2:13, “God is the one, who, for his good purpose, works in you both to desire and to work.”

• JohnMcTernan says:

The thief’s hand and feet were nailed to the cross, yet he did works for his salvation!
      Enduring mocking does not save anyone.
      Dying on the cross longer than Jesus in no way was part of his salvation.
      As I remember the Scriptures, he did not comfort Mary, but even if he did, this would not have saved him.
      Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.(10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Works show that a person has faith, but works do not add in anyway to salvation.
      It is not faith in Christ and works. It is works SHOWING the faith in Christ.
      Titus 3:5,6 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; (7) That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Like if I said I was a Christian and yet never read the Bible or shared my “faith” with someone, how can I be a Christian?
      But, sharing my faith, reading the word, praying, etc show that I am a true believer in the Lord.

21. Dan.w says:

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight;for by the law is the knowledge of sin.But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested,being witnessed by the law and the prophets.Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe;for there is no difference.For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. ;Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood,to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past,through the forbearance of God;To declare,I say,at this time his righteousness;that he might be just,and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.Where is boasting then?It is excluded.By what law?of works?Nay,but by the law of faith.Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3;20-28

22. Dan.w says:

What do you do Matt…with the John 3.3 verse?,also the John 3.36? Dan.w

23. Matt says:

Dan,

• JohnMcTernan says:

Priests that are pedophiles along with the bishops all the way up to the pope who covered for the pedophiles, are they saved?

24. Joni says:

Wow, I am shaking my head in disbelief. Unbelievable. Only Rome could make up that line about the thief on the cross. They have really gotten bolder in their illusions since I remember. And I was shown their evil ways in Seattle, a liberal place to boot. I have NEVER seen anyone grasp at straws like Matt does with the thief on the cross, NEVER. Thank you Abba, that you have shown me the truth, the one and only truth and spared me from this mockery.

25. Matt says:

John,
    If those very few pedophile priests and others that covered it up are truly repentant in their heart, they will be saved, but will spend a long time in purgatory suffering greatly for the gravely immoral things that damaged their souls. Per your interpretation of salvation, those priests will go straight to Heaven if they sincerely repent. Not fair.

• JohnMcTernan says:

There is no such as purgatory as it is all a manmade Roman doctrine.
      It is clear that you do not understand that it is the shed blood of the Lord Jesus that pays the penalty for sin.
      In your eyes this is unfair when it is GOD who justifies.
      Your use of the word “unfair” in mind boggling. It is as if some of us are righteous apart from Christ.
      Is it “fair” to you that the Saul became the Apostle Paul, when he was a part of murdering Steven?

26. Joni says:

Matt, I have discerned a real solid pattern here with your choice of words every single time the perverted sexual spirit that runs amok in the catholic “church” is mentioned. EVERY time it’s mentioned, you come to it’s defense with the words, “very few” REALLY MATT???? You are joking right?
    VERY FEW SODOMIZATIONS OF INNOCENT CHILDREN.
    Children Matt……Children.
    Just where do you get your statistics Matt? The perps themselves?
    Very few. You DEFEND it with that, you surely do.

• JohnMcTernan says:

If understand correctly the Catholic Church is now under charges of crimes against humanity for child abuse and several
      Vatican official are targeted for these crimes.

27. Joni says:

Matt has consistently tried to take our eyes off that John, and uses, “very few” as if we are ignorant of the evil within the catholic organization, or he hopes he can sway our views. The evil within that group of sexually deviant possessed men, is as evil as the murdering spirit against children that we have found to be running amok in the masons. Destroying lives. Utterly destroying them.
    They are both closely related. No denying that Matt. John and I have heard it from too many of the victims, with our own ears. I also have lived in the evil vortex that that spirit resides in, tho thankfully I was not abused, but my Father was.
    You may have been turned over to believe a lie, (tho I cannot say for sure), if in fact you believe one shred of their sick and paganistic man made doctrines of the devil.
    Its not too late, if you would listen to the truth from every single poster on this blog so far. Pay close attention to your self rightousness and pride Matt, thats what appeals to you about that organization to begin with. There lies the problem.
    You have spoke of “her” as one speaks of a loved child or spouse, its incredible to my mind when I even read your responses to anyone here.
    Wow Matt, wake up from the kool aid.
    Who is in place of Rome in Revelation, if not the catholics?

28. Joni says:

God hates our pride and arrogance so much, he will curse the offspring for 4 generations, as a way to get us to wake up to the truth, for worshipping idols.
    I was one of those, from the past generations, He had to curse.
    I was born into the nonsense.
    Thankfully I am no longer under the curse of it.
    No one could love their kids, and knowingly subject them to this garbage at the same time. Read your Bible Matt, the KJV, not the catholic vitriol version.

Exodus 20:4-6
    King James Version (KJV)
    4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

God Bless us all, Joni

29. Tom says:

Matt; Matt; Matt;

THE JOINT DECLARATION ON JUSTIFICATION describes works as the life lived in faith, hope, and love. It goes on to say that good works are deeds or things done in love.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC BIBLE says we are saved by faith:” For by grace you have been saved through faith; and not from yourselves, for it is the gift of God; not as the outcome of works, lest anyone may boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9)

“Man is {NOT} justified by works of the Law, but by {FAITH} of Jesus Christ…we also believe in Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by the {FAITH} of Christ, and {NOT} by the works of the Law, because by the words of the Law no man will be justified” (Galatians 2:16)..emphasis mine.

As you can see Matt, you are out of step with your own belief system, you are espousing non-Catholic beliefs while trying to convince others of becoming Catholic or returning to Catholisim. At this point your entire argument is discredited. At this point one must seriously consider whether or not you really know what you are talking about or whether or not you have any real credibility…but let that go. Yes, let that go for just a moment.

Your previous statements regarding traditions is a false premise atiquitam argumentum ad (to coin a Latin phrase) and goes to show how you are unable to to properly analyze or defend Catholic history or tradition. The inherent fallacy is in thinking that continuity is in of itself justification for the belief, but it shows and proves nothing. It presents no truth what-so-ever. It proves that a lie repeated long enough becomes engrained in the mind of the one who repeats it.

Your comfort blanket-fall-back argument of “Purgatory” cannot be found or extrapolated in any shape form or word in ANY Bible, not even THE ROMAN CATHOLIC BIBLE. It is a huge stretch of the imagination to infer it and it is reification to say that it is implied. It is another false premise; it’s hypostatization: Just because you fantasize about rainbow striped unicorns doesn’t think them into existence. It’s pure fantasy. And don’t use The Holy Trinity as an analogy to justify the implication of pergatory; I’ve heard that argument too many times. By drawing a comparision on the basis of what is known (The Holy Trinity) and proceeding to assume that the fantasy must be similar is once again a false premise.

Back to your credibility; Matt, you started off as being amiable and you present well, the problem is that the more you write, the more your presentation falls apart. The more you write, the more it appears as though you are grasping at straws; the more you write the more apparent it becomes that you really don’t don’t have a full grasp of Catholic Doctrine, The Roman Catholic Bible, The Holy Bible, or biblical precepts and concepts. Sorry Matt, you have failed miserably at defending and proclaiming Catholicism. Maybe you should let that go.

In His Service,
    Tom

30. Matt says:

Dan,
    No. There are no charges filed against the Catholic Church. The International Criminal Court declined to pursue ‘crimes against humanity’ case against Vatican. The complaint was absurd as those crimes must include murder, enslavement, deportation, torture, rape and sexual violence, among others — “when committed as part of a widespread of systematic attack directed against any civilian population, with knowledge of the attack.” A few pedophile Catholic priests will not make the case.

31. Matt says:

From the 1940s through the 1970s, the Catholic Church, following the then-prevailing societal practice, sent suspected abusers to psychologists rather than calling the police. In this respect, the Church was far from alone.
    When the Church was sending accused priests to psychological treatment, the criminal justice system was doing the very same thing with convicted offenders – sending them to treatment instead of prison.

149 priests were “serial abusers” (10+ victims) and accounted for an alarming 26% of all of the abuse that took place between 1950 and now.
    Yet these 149 men represent only one-tenth of one percent of all priests who served in the Catholic Church in the United States since 1950.. Most accused priests (56%) have been the subject of only one allegation.

32. Dan.w says:

Dear Matt,I wasn’t inquiring about any charges…However…….What will you do with Christ??,will you believe Him at face value for what He has said about being born again?That is the narrow gate.The wide gate that leads to hell is fenceposted with all the worlds religions..and not a one,[catholicism included],gets you entry.I love you because Christ loves you.I have no axe to grind, but would love to see you in heaven.Not the manmade one where you jump through a maze of hoops in hopes of…but the real heaven,that only Jesus shed blood and completed work on the Cross obtained for all of us who take Him at His Word.Sister Joni was on to something…Pride.It is the cornerstone of every religion,except for true Christianity…Why?Because true Christianity is NOT a religion…but a Person..The person of none other than Christ.Religion is a system.Christianity is not.If Christ isn’t your Savior,i.e. John 3.3,then you don’t have one yet,..or the one you do have is an imposter.Mere man has not what it takes to attone for his sin.Sin is an affront to a Holy God.The way is narrow,..the way is Christ.Today..if you hear His Voice..harden not your heart,take care,Dan.w

33. Joni says:

Matt, you are dealing with lovers of truth here, is that not obvious yet?
    PLEASE do not try to pass more catholic lies off to us, your last comment is a bold faced lie. This link may explain just ONE group that has found the truth about the catholic organization. Its considered a transnational criminal organization, just as John said, which part of that is difficult to grasp? You named every crime except sodomy, how is rape and the others any different? You really like to play with words, but that doesn’t pass the “Truth Detectors” who call this site home.
    Please, step off your high horse, and comment honestly here, or not at all.

34. Joni says:

As much as I never post links, I find myself amazed at the dishonesty coming from Matt, in regards to “only a few bad priests are the sodomizers”
    “Only a few”, Matts words.
    This link will take you to credible info on “more than a few guilty filthy men”. In my world, a few always meant 3……..Matt you use that phrase to deceive, with intention. We are not a bunch of idiots on here, we are very gifted with discernment from The Lord, thats why not EVEN one of your arguments for catholicism has flown here yet.

35. Joni says:

Millions upon millions of dollars of payouts for sodomy, and thats only the ones who were prosecuted. My guess is way more victims than the ones who have told, have never even told on their abusers.
    Please do no whitewash one of the worst crimes of humanity Matt.
    That would be disgraceful.

36. Dan.w says:

There is a lot of beauty,and some truth found in catholic church,however it doe’s not negate all the falsehood,error,deception,idol worship of every kind found there.Satan was cast down to the earth.He uses religion because he knows man.He knows our weaknesses..Rebellion and pride are the frame work religion is built on.Somewhere in religions doctrine, mans works is in there,in catholicism it is counted greatly,and overtakes faith.The Bible has lots to say about man’s work’s,but I believe apart from Christ as Head,they are as filthy rags…not something I would thrust about to anyone.When some one has truly surrendered to Christ and become His follower,Christ nature is what leads that person.That person will try and not bring attention to his/her works for many reasons,all of them Godly.They do it as unto the Lord and not to men.If they get a reward,they would be happy to get it in secret by the Lord,because it is the Lord doing it through them.In religious circles,to be [seen of men],is the only reward they get.If Christ is not the Head,’and how could He be’,if not born again,then satan is,and it’s his body he uses..so hows the works thing going now??..Only Christ and His work …That’s what we believers put all our trust on.The invite stands………You are very welcome to take Christ at His word,on His terms. Dan.w

37. Joni says:

Tom, as usual, a perfect explanation of Matt’s inability to hit the mark.
    Each one of us here would like him to know the truth.
    Each one of us here would like him to love Jesus, not Rome.
    He misses out on a relationship with the real thing, for a bad imposter.
    Hard to wrap the brain around, with John’s teachings so clear.
    We can only sound the warning.
    Its always good to read your truths Brother Tom.
    Thanks!

38. Sandra says:

1 child being abused in any way is an abomination to God. Jesus said in
    Matthew 18:1
    “At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
    2 He called a little child, and had him stand among them.
    3 And he said, “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
    4 Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
    5 And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.”

He said children were the greatest..not a pope..children…and 1 allegation is horrific..

39. Matt says:

Joni,
    The ittcs.org is a debunked website. Read about it here: http://wonkette.com/543862/no-pope-not-actually-indicted-for-child-trafficking-crimes-against-humanity-or-fishing-without-a-license

Sorry Dan, I meant to state John when I responded to the international court post.

Tom, you forgot James 2:24 “that man is NOT justified by faith alone.” Also post #27, I state verbatim Catholic dogma on salvation. “Catholics believe in salvation by grace alone, yet grace must not be resisted, either before justification by remaining in unbelief or after by engaging in serious sin. “

• JohnMcTernan says:

Matt, after watching you try to use the Bible to justify Roman doctrine, one thing is very clear.
      I do not need Romanism in any manner whatsoever.
      I have the Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God as my Savior.
      his shed blood paid the price for my sin and through faith, I have assurance of eternal life. There is no purgatory.
      I do not need the pope or Catholic priesthood, as I have the word of God to guide.
      I do not need Mary or saints to intercede because through Jesus Christ, I can come directly to the throne of Grace for mercy.
      The Bible gives me assurance of eternal life with Jesus Christ, so why in the world would I trade all this for the doctrines of men coming from Rome?
      All the manmade doctrines detract from the simplicity of the Bible.
      1John 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
      1Jn 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
      1Jn 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
      1Jn 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
      1Jn 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Please come out from the bondage and manmade doctrines of Roman Catholicism to glorious liberty in Jesus Christ and His word.

40. Joni says:

Agreed Sandra, one is too many. Jesus thought so also;

Luke 17:2
    It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

And sadly enough it is this very group of sodomites and the crime organization they run, that Matt says he “loves and will never leave”.

Eternity with pedophiles is nothing I am interested in having anything to do with, wow. Too creepy for me. Thank you Abba, for showing us the truth..
    Thank you Jesus, for taking our arrogance and pride upon you or we would be lulled by lies too.

41. Matt says:

Sandra and Joni,
    Out of the 400,000 catholic priests around the World, less than .5% have been accused of sex crimes against children. Those gravely immoral priests and their superiors that covered it up will certainly be judged by God for their evil acts. However, you both have now judged the entire Church for the very few who did gravely immoral things.

Jesus Christ stated to forgive and pray for sinners so your Father can forgive you. Do you have forgiveness in your heart for the gravely immoral sinners in the Catholic Church? Further, do you pray for Muslims, Taliban, and extremists that are murdering Christians? Jesus said to pray for your enemies and bless them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Catholics certainly pray for the conversion of all sinners around the World.

42. Matt says:

John,

“Kingdoms and empires have passed away; peoples once renowned for their history and civilization have disappeared; time and again the nations, as though overwhelmed by the weight of years, have fallen asunder; while the Church, indefectible in her essence, united by ties indissoluble with her heavenly Spouse, is here today radiant with eternal youth, strong with the same primitive vigor with which she came from the Heart of Christ dead upon the Cross. Men powerful in the world have risen up against her. They have disappeared, and she remains. Philosophical systems without number, of every form and every kind, rose up against her, arrogantly vaunting themselves her masters, as though they had at last destroyed the doctrine of the Church, refuted the dogmas of her faith, proved the absurdity of her teachings. But those systems, one after another, have passed into books of history, forgotten, bankrupt; while from the Rock of Peter the light of truth shines forth as brilliantly as on the day when Jesus first kindled it on His appearance in the world, and fed it with His Divine words: “Heaven and earth shall pass, but my words shall not pass” – Pope Pius X, 1904

• JohnMcTernan says:

Revelation 17 tells us what is the future of the Catholic Church and how it dies
      just prior to the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
      As I read your response, all I could think of broad is way that leads to destruction and many that go this way.

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: (14) Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

43. Joni says:

Wow!!! Matt responds to me finally, but to call me out in “error”.
    on one post out of how many???!!!! Very gutsy move Matt, lots of integrity is showing. You know what I think about that website? I think its awesome, because most who can spot the truth know its exactly the truth!!! Everything they say!!!!, but no man has the guts to stand up to it and try to enforce it…evil power lurks in high places. You have shown us what you are made of, we have no desire to swallow your poison, plz keep it to yourself. If you really thought there were converts here, you are not very wise….oh, and instead of trying to defend child sexual torment, or sodomy, why dont you spend the effort that it takes, to listen to and learn from John’s graciousness in trying to show you your errors in Bible interpretation? None of us want involved in your criminal organization that you call a church and say that you love it so much????
    You would gain something from John’s teachings.
    And wow, finally, thanks for the reply, it shows me what you are made of.
    One would think one would try harder to be more agreeable when trying to coerce people into a gang such as yours?

44. Joni says:

And, to all my family on this website….
    John has given us a gracious example of the true annointing that covers he and his Ministry. We are blessed to always be able to count on the facts as he presents them, the Bible references, and John’s truth of God, as God means us to understand it while hanging out here.
    I have wondered why a person with such evil intent, as to try to sway believers into unbelief, would hang out here and remain staunch in their confusion and untruths while defending them all none the less??.
    I finally see what Matt is made of.
    The lack of integrity and his real intent painted the picture for me.
    I need to take a bit of responsibility really, as it was me, on blogtalk recently, who shared how evil the spirit hiding within the catholic “church” really is.
    It was a recent show, John and I were speaking about our experiences with the broken hearted. I boldly told the truth about the enemy, and where he hides, and this is what happens when the enemy does not like to be exposed.
    The timing cannot be missed here.
    This person promotes the very thing that destroyed my own Fathers ability to enter a church, but he was blessed with a Chaplain (The Catholic Priest was off duty that night) on his near deathbed in the hospital at 56 years old…..
    I Thank God for sending that Chaplain, instead of the Priest.
    I dont think my Dad could have taken any more.
    Does my emotion run high with the topic of this poison? You betcha.

45. Tom says:

Matt; Matt: Matt

I’ve sited my sources and quote directly and verbatim from THE ROMAN CATHOLIC BIBLE. which obviously contradicts Catholic Dogma. As you continue to try to persuade people to become Catholic, should one follow and believe what the Roman Catholic Bible says or what Rome says?

The Apostle Paul writes against works of the law as meriting salvation and yet James seems to contradict him. Who is right and why?

In His Service,
    Tom

46. Joni says:

Matt, we pray for ALL to come to Christ. That should be evident by now?
    We pray on blogtalk also, for any needs…..No matter the need.
    What you continue to do here, incessantly, is to defend and minimize the horrific crimes done against children for hundreds of years, by a repulsive bunch of men, claiming they are of God. I cannot wrap my brain around ANYONE minimizing it to the degree you continue to do. The only thing that keeps coming up in my mind is that you, yourself are a priest in training? I am not joking. Thats the only thing I can figure out, no one else in this world would defend it the way you have.
    And we didnt even get on the topic of stealing money from relatives of the deceased, to fill the church coffers, under the guise of “buying” their way out of purgatory, (which doesn”t even exist) or the joke of catholic baptism, or confession, to a sinful man, tho John has shown you repeatedly the lies they are.
    You have your mind made up, and you love to call your self “one of them” you have admitted it.
    Matt, if that is not Pride and Arrogance, what is??????

47. Joni says:

Oh, Matt, in answer to your question a bit more thoroughly, Yes, we pray for Muslims, regularly, the persecuted, the unborn, the blog family, the president, and especially we pray for Israel. We pray a lot for those who the catholic church has abused also, But this is not a contest between you and your criminal organization that you love, and our motives or prayer history, its about exposing the doctrine of the devil to you. And NO, we would NEVER PRAY FOR CONVERSION TO THE CATHOLIC ORG. AS YOU KNOW IT.
    We pray for people to know The Lord Jesus and to be healed of their broken hearts so they may experience fully, what The Father has for them.
    God forbid that we would pray that anyone join in any organized religion of devils.

48. Matt says:

Tom,
    As you know the Word of God is infallible and inherent. Both verses are correct. If one verse is in contradiction than the Word of God is not inherent.

So, Paul is correct and James is correct. There is no contradiction.

49. Matt says:

Tom,
    “The crux of the matter is that you are making Catholic doctrine up as you go along and are completely unable to defend what you write. To write “The thief did do a lot of work for his salvation” is a direct contradiction to your statement below “Catholics believe in salvation by grace alone…” You deny your own premise! How can anyone take you seriously when you bi-furcate your own statements?”

I was only responding to Dan’s following comment “if faith alone cannot save,then Jesus must have been mistaken when He told the thief on the cross…today you shall be with me in paradise….oh,I forgot…the thief was nailed to the cross,and could not work for his salvation” I responded that the thief, in fact, did do works and listed each one of them. You then try to discredit me when I state later in the post that it takes only grace from God.

Let me connect the dots for you. Catholics believe that we are saved by God’s grace alone. We can do nothing, apart from God’s grace, to receive the free gift of salvation. However, we also believe that we have to respond to God’s grace with both faith and works. If we do not respond to God’s grace with faith and works we are in grave danger of losing our souls.

50. Danielle says:

@Joni and my family ~ I miss all of you and you have posted some great comments here lately … Especially you, Joni. Those of you who know the Blessed Hope and are looking for Him are so encouraging to me! I have stayed out of the discussion lately, because Brother John said ” If anyone is not interested in this debate, just ignore it.” It’s not that I am not interested, and also I do pray for anyone who reads the blog, but is not saved. My reason for not taking part is that the darkness has already tried to take so much from me; he will take no more! Not a single minute of my time. God’s Word is not up for debate. He spoke. The End.