Pope Francis Heading to Holy Land With Rabbi and Imam as Interfaith Wing Men

82 Responses

1. Joe says:

I came out of this religion the Vatican these are the gentile Pharisees and scribes of today, they want everybody to think they are so good and close to God but let the truth be known these popes, cardinals and bishops hate the Word of God and the bible is a closed book in the catholic church , there is no good reason for the pope to be in Israel or anywhere else he needs to stay where he belongs in Italy. All this guy (pope) has to do is get married and he would find out real quick he is not infallible what would it take maybe 1 to 2 weeks.

2. Brian says:

The link to the article “Why Is Greece The Most Anti-Semitic Country In Europe” is broken. When I click on it, it takes me to a blank page with an error message.

3. Ron says:

Big cities like Detroit aren’t the only examples of what seems to be happening to America. I travel across the country in my vehicle to visit family twice per year and rural blight seems to be more evident as the years go by, especially in the south, it’s sad and worrisome.

4. Dan.w says:

Rome plays both sides..It is the ‘whore’ that gets burned by playing footsie in the book of Revelation.It has both persecuted real Christians,killed in the name of Christ.Their ‘saints’ are always dead ones.Jesus is magically brought down from heaven at each sunday service to die again with the host [round bread disk] at the behest of the ‘priest.Religion is man’s idea…not God’s.Jesus the person,is our only hope.He died once..That’s all.He paid our sin debt once,for all time.He is The Door,He is The Way, He is the perfect representation of God the Father.He is all we need.All else is fiction and bluster.

5. Danielle says:

@ Joe and Dan ….. Amen ~ I will forever be thankful that Jesus came into my heart after being told by the 2 women who knocked on my door many years ago, that I needed to repent and be saved. He brought me out from the deception of the Catholic teachings. Thought for so long that I was on my way to Heaven because I was a “good little Catholic girl.” Wrong!

6. Loretta says:

Brother Dan…. I like what you are saying… the truth!
    It is “ALL” about Jesus. HE is it!!! HE did it all!!! …. and now all we have to do is accept the precious gift. WOW what a gift. We are:
    – Sealed: Eph 1:13 after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise;
    – Sons&daughters: II Corint 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty;
    – an Heir: Rom 8:7 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ;
    As brother Paul said I Corint 2:9 Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
    NOW – THAT IS A GIFT. 🙂 keep looking up folks.

7. Matt says:

Dear Joe and Dan,

Being Catholic, of course, I disagree with your opinions of the Catholic faith. We believe that the Catholic Church is the Church established by Jesus Christ, through the Apostle Peter, 2000 years ago. We consider the Jews to be the Pharisees as Jesus repeatedly corrected them and they continue today to do the same things. Catholics don’t turn off everything on Sabbath. We believe that Jesus Christ is the living son of God. We love the word of God and every Sunday we have readings of the old testament and new testament.

Regarding Catholic Saints, the 1500 of them, men and women, were proven to have interceded and healed many afflicted of severe sicknesses and disabilities. These Saints have written tremendous amount of books on theology and prophecy too. For you to so easily dismiss them is unfair.

Yes, we believe that the Host miraculously turns to the body of Jesus Christ at every single mass. Countless people have been healed. Again, for you to so easily dismiss this 2000 year old tradition, with hundreds of millions of Masses said through the World for 2000 years, as man’s idea, is unfair.

What do you mean that Jesus paid our sin debt, once, and for all time? God is not all-forgiving, such that he would forgive unrepentant sin. Think about it.

8. Danielle says:

Thank You, Jesus, that You taught me the Truth , and I “know the Truth and He has set me free!” Free from thinking that “if I were just good enough” I might make it into Heaven. Free from being so scared that I would have to go to Purgatory first, because I had only comitted a “venial” sin and not a “mortal” one ! Free from saying 25 Hail Mary’s because I confessed that I had smiled or laughed during Mass ~ this all confessed to a “priest” who was a bigger sinner than these little ones could have ever imagined !! God forbid I should lose my “rosary beads,” or forget to wear my chapel veil. The list goes on and on and on …because that’s what The Law requires, and it is NEVER satisfied. You know what God requires?
    …to do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with my God. – Micah 6:8 Wow, was I relieved to find out that it’s ALL ABOUT HIM, not me !! Jesus, YOU paid it all. One time and then YOU said “IT IS FINISHED!!” All I can do now is thank You. Keep witnessing, my friends. A few years ago my Mom said to me ” I just will never understand why you left “the Church.” My reply was ” I didn’t LEAVE the Church, I AM the Church !! She is still scratching her head, wondering about my answer 🙂 I am a follower of Christ, not of any “religion.” I don’t have to bury a statue of “saint Joseph ” in my backyard in order to sell my house … Or light another candle! Jesus handles my life now, and I just sit back and give HIM all the praise.
    p.s. I even have a KJV Bible that I memorize His Word from … Something I did not even know existed as a small child, because we were only taught from the St. Joseph’s Bible or our Catechism book, whatever that is … sad. Guess my teachers never read Matthew 18:6 or they would have thought twice about all those lies and “traditions” we were learning. Oh, that’s right, they weren’t allowed to read from any other Bible, so how could they have known? Keep witnessing and handing out those tracts, my friends! Forever & gratefully His, Danielle

9. Sandra says:

Matt..could I ask you a question and asked in sincerity..because I have NEVER been a Catholic

If the Bible and the Pope disagree on Scripture..who is right?

10. Lori A says:

Matt, Bless you, for you know not what you say. II Tim 2:15. I refer you to your KJV bible, but not the Catholic version as it it stripped of important scripture. Pay close attention to I Timothy 4, Galatians 1:6-9, Galatians 2:20, 21. Christ did not die in vain, that we need to continue sacraments to “earn” our way to heaven. A humble and repentent heart toward our Lord every day greeting him with prayer and hearing from him through his Word (the KJV) is edifying at the very least. Jesus is the only way to heaven. No priest or pope can take his place. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee. I Timothy 4:16. Doctrine matters with our God. Don’t be seduced by traditions, pulled astray by family heritage. Take care, I’ll be praying for you to study.

11. peggy says:

Jesus said It is finished. His death on cross paid for all our sins. We can’t do anything to earn eternal life, it is only through Jesus Christ and believing and trusting in what He did can we get to Heaven, No one is good enough, not one. Read the 1st 3 chapters of romans

12. Dan.w says:

Dear Matt,tradition trumps truth in rome.The pope is claiming to be the vicar of Christ,accepts the name papa or father,and claims to be ..[without error]…So,correct me if I’m mistaken…He holds the title of God the Father ,Son,and Holy Spirit in actual practice and in mass.If he,[the priest can call down Christ at will,he has made himself greater than Christ in practice and in mass.You are correct that unrepentant sin will not be forgiven..but that doe’s not mean that all our sin debt wasn’t paid for,it means in order for us to claim that payment,we have to take Christ at His word..that He paid our sin debt in full,for all time.Rome claims we work with Christ for our salvation.That is an insult to God who saw His Son on the Cross and said He was well pleased with Him.We can add nothing Christ’s finished work on the Cross.He did it alone.He is the Creator of you and me.You can listen to mens teachings if you want,but they will only damn your soul if they differ from Scripture.Stick to the Word KJV is an accurate reading.I came out of rome…[come out of her my people]……..Their are many lovely people there…and they need the Jesus of Scripture,not of Rome.Please accept this view seriously and with the spirit of love in which it was given.Above all…I must please my Lord.Dan.w

13. Dan.w says:

My previous post wasn’t a rant on rome,it was to expose religion of all stripes.Religion is what man doe’s.If there was ever a religion to save you it would have been unneeded that Christ die for us,we would only have to ‘work harder’..but that was not the case.We only insult a Holy God when we raise man’s opinions above His Word.Jesus said He tread the winepress alone……..think about that.!!Mary,His earthly mother was not there hanging for you or me.God the Father has no mother,Christ the Son did because He had to be fully man and fully God to save us.Only He is qualified to do so,and it pleased God His Father that He perfectly did all that was required to save us.Religion appeals to man’s pride and is man centered..God doesn’t want our religion…He wants us.

14. Joni says:

I still pray for the personal repentance and salvation of a man I was married to for 32 years, the father of my only child. I pray that The Lord would spare him from his sinful self and his actions. He believes that his JOB, (the 40 hours a week he gets paid for) is going to EARN his way to heaven, as he is “helping the homeless in Seattle’s largest shelter” The catholic vitriol he was fed all of his life has allowed this man to be able believe that while also committing adultery many many times, and while being an active drunk, and abusing his wife, on top of blaspheming God, he can still lay his head on his pillow each night with full assurance (in his mind) that he is better than most men walking around him daily, and also murmering a Thank you, that thankfully he is not like the rest.
    A man who believed that he could do all of those things to his wife, BUT believed The Lord would be mad at him if HE were to file the divorce papers. I kid you not.
    Does God like divorce? No, not at all. Is He unhappy at the one who abuses the covenant and mocks it? or the one who walks in the courthouse with the filing fee? I am so very greatful that my Mothers attempts, to put me in catholic school in middle school, failed miserably, thanks to a lady who taught me who Jesus was when I was a little girl, that allowed me to “correct” the catholic priest trying to “instruct” me. Catholicism is a mish mash of everything else under the sun, including sun worship and cannibalism. YES, cannibalism. I think it’s one of the devils best deceptions. The husbands mindset was, “How can that many people be wrong???” Surely it’s the only true religion.” What a sad mess.
    God Bless us all,
    Joni

15. Cynthia says:

I was a Catholic for a great many years of my life, and I can say those “traditions” grab hold of you and they are hard to give up. Even though my heart could clearly see there was something was very wrong in this church when they would continuously cover up and sweep under the endless accounts of priest abuse against children. However for many years I could not let go of the “routine” for some reason. Looking back, I can say I do not recall a single time during mass that the plan of salvation was ever spoke, not once. I finally made the decision to leave and I truly felt like my chains had been released and I had been set free.

16. Matt says:

Cynthia,
    Catholics recognize that the true “rule of faith”—as expressed in the Bible itself—is Scripture plus apostolic tradition, as manifested in the living teaching authority of the Catholic Church, to which were entrusted the oral teachings of Jesus and the apostles, along with the authority to interpret Scripture correctly. The Apostle [Paul] requires the aid of tradition. Paul says that much Christian teaching is to be found in the tradition which is handed down by word of mouth (2 Tim. 2:2). He instructs us to “stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter” (2 Thess. 2:15).

The truth of the faith has been given primarily to the leaders of the Church (Eph. 3:5), who, with Christ, form the foundation of the Church (Eph. 2:20). The Church has been guided by the Holy Spirit, who protects this teaching from corruption (John 14:25-26, 16:13).

• JohnMcTernan says:

How do you make a the leap from these verses to Rome and popes?
      Paul was the apostle to the Gentiles not Peter.
      If we hold fast to the word of God, which do, then we have to reject the doctrines of the Catholic church.
      There is no pope in the Bible along with a Catholic priesthood, which is not New Testament but more like Judaism after Aaron.
      We are all priests before the Lord.
      1Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

17. Matt says:

Sandra,
    I don’t understand your question. Can you rephrase it?

18. Danielle says:

Loretta, Lori, Cynthia, Peggy, Joni ~ and all my other brothers and sisters in Christ: Thank you for your comments on here. All of you keep me encouraged daily & let me know I am not alone …. We are truly the family of God to each other! In His Love, Danielle

19. Dan.w says:

Thank you my brothers and sisters…especially the sisters..for clear,articulate reasoning from the Scriptures.Catholicism is an ism,..as is other isms.True Christianity is not an ism,but an in Him.It is not a set of rules,but a person.God bless each of you as you continue to reach out in Christ’s Love…Keep searching Matt,Dan.w Thank you Jesus..for saving me from myself.I had nothing to offer you but the putrifying stench of sin,..you exchanged it for eternity with you.Thank you.

20. Sandra says:

Matt what I asked was…If the Pope gives an edict (or whatever it is called) and it disagrees with Scripture who is correct..The Pope or the bible…and what are catholics supposed to follow the pope or the bible??

I hope you understand what I am trying to say, I have had catholics tell me that they are supposed to always follow the pope even if he disagrees with the bible ..because God gives the pope new insight.

21. Matt says:

John,
    In a sense we are all priests. But this title is not what bestows the power to forgive sins. God sent Jesus to forgive sins, and Jesus conferred the power to forgive sins on the apostles when he said, “‘As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.’ And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, ‘Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained’” (John 20:21-23). This power to forgive sins has been passed on to the apostles’ successors and to Catholic priests ordained to the ministerial priesthood through the Sacrament of Holy Orders.

• JohnMcTernan says:

There is no pope in the New Testament nor is there an kind of Catholic priesthood.
      There is nothing about confessing sin to a priest for forgiveness.
      When can come right to God’s throne through Jesus Christ, our High Priest, because we are a royal and holy priesthood.
      Hebrews 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
      Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
      Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

The Catholic church is more like the priesthood of ancient Israel, with pope as like Aaron.
      Our High Priest is Jesus Christ and we come DIRECTLY to Abba Father and not any earthly priest.
      The Catholics are in bondage to a religious system that is not New Testament.

22. Matt says:

Sandra,
    No Pope can ever fall into heresy or schism or apostasy — the grace of God absolutely prevents it. Now teachings of the Pope become infallible under the magisterium when it is taught by the body of Bishops dispersed through the world and the Popes universally. I don’t know of any case where the Pope’s teachings conflict with Scripture.

Sandra, you are risking your eternal salvation, especially as you know the Truth, as you are forever a baptized Catholic.

• JohnMcTernan says:

The Catholic doctrine of salvation through the Catholic Church is now coming through you.
      The popes teach that Mary is coredemptrix this alone should cause you to run from it.
      Rome teaches a salvation of works rather than faith like you are saved through infant baptism.
      It is not Sandra that is in danger of her salvation but I’m afraid it is you, if you are trusting the Catholic Church.

23. Matt says:

The function of the pope in the New Testament is similar to, though not identical with, the function of the high priest in the Old Testament. For example, the high priest offered the greatest sacrifices to God (e.g., on Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement) and functioned as the earthly leader of God’s people.

While Christ is our high priest with respect to sacrifices (he offered the great sacrifice of himself; (Hebrews 7-10) and is the ultimate head of all God’s people, he has left Peter here (Matthew 16:18-19) to serve as his visible representative in his absence, and promised that the gates of Hell will never prevail against it. The pope, as the successor of Peter, thus has a function similar to that of the high priest as the earthly head of God’s people.

With 2000 years of unbroken chain of Roman bishops, the Catholic Church is the one true church.

• JohnMcTernan says:

Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
      Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The “rock” is Peter’s confession that Jesus was the Christ and not him! The church is based upon the same confession that Peter made.
      You have read into this verse to fit your Catholic doctrine and not what the Bible states.
      If you are going to use the Bible in attempt to justify Catholic doctrine then you are fair game to test ALL the doctrines of Rome by the word of God.
      If we do this, the Bible destroys what Rome has built.
      Please repent of following man’s teachings and put yourself under the authority of the word of God and not Rome. Following the doctrines of Rome is vanity.

Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
      Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mar 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
      Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
      Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
      Mar 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

24. Dan.w says:

Religion is what man doe’s…Salvation is who Christ is.Religion is the blinder of mens mind’s,and satan uses it to fool people into thinking all is right between them and God..when all they would have to do is go to the Scriptures and see Christ wants our hearts.If we are truly His,the ‘works born out of us’are His,if we are just ‘religionists’,we trust in ourselves,our works,mens opinions.You will never hear in heaven..In my opinion…Why?,because only truth is allowed in heaven.,those there will all have come the same way,by faith,trusting in Christ alone.The old testament believers looked forward to the promise of God and believed.The religionists kept deceiving and being deceived…just like today.Good intentions send more to hell than just about anything else,because God and His requirements are jettisoned at some point…because it doe’s not agree with men’s opinions.This is where ALL religions fall short and get it wrong.They are ALL man centered,only giving lip service,and eye service to God,who can tell His own from the world’s children.There is not an ‘ism’ that will ever take you to heaven.I don’t pray to dead people,count beads,mumble monotone repetitions,or act according to tradition.Jesus is all we need.We add or subtract only to our hurt.God bless you brother John,and my fellow ‘travellers’,Dan.w

25. Dan.w says:

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law,but by the faith of Jesus Christ,even we have believed in Jesus Christ,that we might be justified by the faith of Christ,and not by the works of the law;for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. Galatians 2;16 For as many as are of the works of the law are under a curse;for it is written,Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.But no man is justified by the law in the sight of God,it is evident;for The just shall live by faith.And the law is not of faith;but The man that doeth them shall live in them. Galatians 3;10-12

26. Sandra says:

Matt..I am not catholic..never been catholic and never will be catholic..I am a born again spirit filled Christian who loves the Lord and I believe in the whole counsel of God and not in the traditions of any man.

John has this wonderful web page that believers can freely discuss current events and I am sorry this has turned into a name calling thread and not a healthy discussion of current events.

27. Danielle says:

Hey Brother John ~ thank you for always speaking the truth in love. With all this discussion about the Catholic religion, it reminded me of a man who has gone out of his way for many years to bring the Gospel to everyone … especially Catholics. Chick Publications owned by Jack Chick endured through a long persecution by the Catholics (I remember it took place around the time I met Jesus) and their tracts always confirmed what I already knew in my Spirit! I still pass these tracts out even today.
    Quite the opposite. In the mid-1970’s, when he first began to understand what Roman Catholicism really teaches, he knew it was unscriptural. He also knew that to speak out against it would be unpopular and hurt his publishing company.

After much prayer, he made the decision that, no matter what it cost him personally, he would publish the truth that Roman Catholicism is not Christian. He did it because he loves Catholics and wants them to be saved through faith in Jesus, not trusting in religious liturgy and sacraments. He paid a price for that decision in many ways, as priests and nuns entered Christian bookstores screaming and making a scene, demanding that the store owner not stock Chick tracts. Some “Christian” media have even refused to accept advertising from Chick Publications, fearing any “controversy” that might hurt their cash flow.

But God has been faithful (as He always is) and has protected Chick Publications over the years. Jack Chick has made it clear that if he had it to do over again, he wouldn’t change a thing. The letters from so many Catholics who have read Chick’s anti-Catholic material and have gotten saved carry one theme: “Thank you for loving us enough to tell us the truth!” Those precious people make it all worthwhile. – This is from the website of Chick Publications
    God Bless ~ Danielle

28. Danielle says:

* Sorry .. Should have quotations before the sentence that starts with “quite the opposite ” … It was in answer to the question … Does Jack Chick Hate Catholics? Under FAQ’s on Chick Website.

29. Matt says:

John,
    The term “co-redemptrix” is properly translated “the woman with the redeemer” or more literally “she who buys back with [the redeemer].” The prefix “co” comes from the Latin term “cum” which means “with” and not “equal to.” Co-redemptrix therefore as applied to Mary refers to her exceptional cooperation with and under her divine son Jesus Christ, in the redemption of the human family, as manifested in Scripture.

• JohnMcTernan says:

People pray to Mary for forgiveness of sins and to approach Jesus on their behalf. They even say “hail Mary’s full of grace”!
      This is great error because we are all priests before the Father and come before Him.
      The Catholic Church is error built upon error.

30. Matt says:

Dan,
    God does not want a faith that is empty and hypocritical. James 2 is about those who “say” that they have faith but have no works. Therefore, people cannot tell if they are true believers or not, because there is no fruit. That kind of a faith is useless and is not a saving faith. True faith results in true works.

(James 2:17) In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

(James 2:24) – “You see that a man is justified by works, and not by faith alone.”

31. Christina says:

Hi Matt,

I don’t comment on this blog very often, but I had to speak up when I read this line from you: “I don’t know of any case where the Pope’s teachings conflict with Scripture.”

So, I ask you this question, how about when a Pope’s Lifestyle Choices conflict with Scripture?

There have been numerous Popes over the past several hundred years who have had mistresses, fathered illegitimate children and thrown obscene parties, obviously all sinful activities in the Bible and especially for a Pope to do who is supposed to be the symbol of purity and holiness. I also believe several Popes have been aware of the sexual abuse of children within the Catholic church and have done little to speak out against it. Please don’t misunderstand me, no human being is perfect (except for our Lord Jesus), but I do believe that Popes, Pastors, Preachers, Rabbi’s, etc. should be held to a higher standard of morality since they are responsible for teaching their church members what is Biblically right and not lead people astray. Yes, you may consider the Pope holy and ordained by God, but please also do not forget that ultimately the Pope is just another human being capable of sin like the rest of us. That is what John and the other people on this blog are trying to tell you. You don’t need a Pope or priest to speak to God….do it yourself. God wants YOU to talk to him directly. He doesn’t want a relationship only with your mediator (the Pope), he is calling for a relationship with you.

32. Joni says:

@Sandra, No one is calling anyone names. I for one have got some of my best teachings from conversations exactly like this on this blog. Its really helpful to know which scripture to use when faced with this very same topic in the real world. John is always graceful enough to allow the teaching, and will put an end to it if anything gets ugly. I liked your question by the way.
    @Danielle, your heart shines through your writing….:-)
    Matt, I hope you see its all written in love?
    Everyone on here cares about your place in eternity.
    You won’t find that on many blogs today.
    God Bless us all,
    Joni

33. Sandra says:

Joni…

Ok..I just wanted to let Matt know that everything said here was done in love and concern for his salvation..

This is the best blog on the internet and I also find out what is happening in this world and how it coincides with our Lord and His prophecies..There is so much going on that we don’t know, no matter how involved we are.

Thanks

God Bless

34. Matt says:

Christina,
    Certainly there have been Popes that had ordered the murders of others, fathered children, and abused the Pontiff office. However, never once, ever, did any of those immoral Popes change the Catholic dogma, tradition, or its teachings. I will never leave the Catholic church due to a Priest, or a Pope, or a Bishop, who do immoral things.

• JohnMcTernan says:

You are in denial about the roots and fruit of the Catholic Church.
      You have to come out of this religious system and rest in Jesus Christ as you Savior as
      shown in the Bible, and not through this system.

35. Maria says:

Matt,

1 Corintiians 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

36. Matt says:

John,

Mary has no authority to forgive our sins per Catholic dogma. Catholics do venerate her because she is the mother of God. Catholics pray that she intercedes for us in our prayer requests. However, it is preferable to pray directly to God. I ask her and the Saints to pray for me when I sleep.

Maria,

“Saint Peter does not cease to preside over his See, and preserves an endless sharing with the Sovereign Priest. The firmness that he received from the Rock which is Christ, he himself, having become the Rock, transmits it equally to his successors too… (Pope Paul VI)

Paul also writes “you are … members of God’s household [ie, the Church], built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.” [Eph 2:19-20].

• JohnMcTernan says:

The “Mother of God” really sounds like the wrong use of words.
      God has no mother. She was the mother of the human part of the Lord Jesus Christ.
      Praying to Mary is an abomination as all prayers are to the Father in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
      The only one who intercedes for us is Jesus Christ as our great High Priest.
      This praying to Mary takes away from the priesthood of Jesus Christ and a person’s position of who they are in Christ.
      This is all outside of the Bible and wrong.
      One other thing, is the making statues of Mary and praying in front of them.
      This really smacks of paganism and forbidden in the Bible.
      Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
      Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

In Catholicism, you have people praying to Mary, which is forbidden, and then kneeling in front of her statue and praying, which is forbidden.
      The gross errors of Catholicism are endless.
      Please come out of this and trust in Christ alone for your salvation.

37. Dan.w says:

Dear Matt,..as far as faith being tied to works,works will automatically be brought forth when in Christ because it is Him doing it through us.Some in religious circles well intentioned as they may be,start with works,and that is a clue that Christ may not be in their heart yet,[i.e.]born again,because works are the fruit and not the root in salvation.No fruit ever comes before the root,it is like the cart before the horse.In the book of Revelation,some will tell the Lord how they did this that and the other,[His reply will get your attention].Why??Because it is a reply you would receive if you were a religionist,[trusting something/someone else],more than Christ.Please Matt……….Read and consider John 3;3. Thank you.,Dan.w

38. Dan.w says:

Dear Matt,How did you find this site?Dan.w

39. Danc in Virginia Beach says:

Hi Matt, if there are only 1500 saints, that would make heaven a very empty place. Please open your mind and heart to the truth spoken here.
    Maybe it’s a gentle push from the Holy Spirit to point you in the right direction by coming to this site.
    When I was looking for truth, I took a serious look at the Catholic Church, too many problems with their theology, just didn’t match up with the Word of God.

40. Matt says:

Danc,
    John 14:2 “My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?”

Actually my presence here is to move you and others to return or join the Catholic faith, the Ark of salvation. I will never betray or abandon her, the Bride of Christ.

• JohnMcTernan says:

Yikes, this almost set my hair on fire reading this.
      First, thanks for telling us the truth about your intentions.
      The foundation of my salvation is Jesus Christ and not the Church of Rome.
      Your faith is in a corrupt religious system rather than in the person of Jesus Christ and His shed blood on the cross.
      Once again, you need to repent of basing your faith in the Church of Rome rather than the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross.
      If you need help coming out of the Church of Rome, I would be delighted to help you.
      You preach popes and Rome, while I preach Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

41. Joni says:

Matt, why is he called a “Holy See” does he “see” something supernatural? The pope is a mere, sinful man, nothing more, nothing less, did the catholic teachings convince you of some supernatural power bestowed upon him? Can you show me in the Bible where it says to step into a closet with a most likely sexual deviant and confess my supposed “sins” (which could be losing my rosary beads” according to Danielle.) Please Matt, I would like you to show me why I must go through a sinful man to get to Jesus, and why Jesus needs to be crucified every sunday all over again, and I would like scripture that shows we need all that?
    Thank you Matt, we are all praying you will “see” the Truth in the Living God, and trashcan the man made mumbo jumbo.
    God Bless us all.
    Joni

42. Dan.w says:

Amen,brother John.It’s Christ plus nothing that saves us.Matt…everyone here loves you.You are welcome here because we all need the truth.We don’t point to people,or man’s opinions as final authority…Jesus is lord here,not the people He created.P.S…I left rome on a one way ticket….no more endless chain of saints to pray to.I go directly to God because Jesus tore down the wall between Him and I.We will pray for you.

43. Sandra says:

Matt…

The Word says..

1 Timothy 2:5
    For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Not Mary

• JohnMcTernan says:

This is our mediator. We need NO other!
      Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

44. peggy says:

When I was a Catholic, I was interested in bible prophecy and started reading the book of revelation. I called the church and the priest told me not to read it, glad I didn’t listen. I met a lady that lived next door to me and said I needed to be born again, then I repented, I asked the Lord to come into my heart and He did and I felt His presence strongly in my life, something I never experienced in Catholic church, except I did go to a charismatic mass one time and that wasn’t like the regular mass. I finally left the Catholic Church and am very glad I did. It is like being in bondage and it is very sad that it does that to so many people.
    Purgatory, praying to saints and I believe Mary is so broken hearted that people pray to her. She is not all knowing and she cannot hear hear people praying to her and neither can any others that have died, that is blasphemy.
    Jesus said you must be born again and never did I ever hear that in the Catholic Church, it is so sad to see the hold that it has on the people, just like any other religion, ask the Lord to set you free!

• JohnMcTernan says:

The Catholic churches that are “born again” at infant baptism, which is another gross error from Rome.

45. Matt says:

John,
    You are confusing mediator and intercessor. Yes, Christ is our only mediator. Catholics believe. However, we are all members of the Body of Christ. We intercede and pray for each other.

1 Timothy 2:1: I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people

Romans 12:4-6:

For as in one body we have many members, and all the members do not have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us.

Matt,
      Whoa, you are asking dead person in heaven to intercede for you!
      The verses you used are about the living and not the dead.
      It is as if you are throwing verses to fit what you are doing.
      What about saying the “Hail Marys” in confession? This is direct pray to someone other than
      God in heaven.
      There is nothing in the Bible to substantiate what you do with Mary.
      There is no need to focus on her whatsoever other than it was invented by popes.
      You need to come our of Rome and trust Jesus Christ as your Savior and not the doctrines of men.

46. Matt says:

Peggy,
    I am amazed that a Catholic priest and a neighbor caused you to leave the Catholic Church. Anyway, Catholics are very much involved in prophecy and eschatology. In fact, Catholic prophecy states that many Protestants and Christians will seek answers and join or return to the Catholic Church when the rapture does not occur.

• JohnMcTernan says:

It looks for sure that when the rapture does occur, you will be left here to deal with the “Whore of Babylon” on the seven hills, Rome.
      Your savior is Rome and not the person of Jesus Christ and His shed blood on the cross; therefore, He is not coming for you unless you repent
      and come out of Rome and trusting manmade Roman doctrine rather than the Bible and the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
      we are all amazed at the number of pedophiles in the Catholic Church that reaches up to the popes for the coverup.
      The stench of the corruption of this organization has to have reached heaven, and you put your faith in it rather than in Christ and His shed blood.
      Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. (5) For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

47. Matt says:

John,

Regarding infant baptism, Luke 18:15–16: “they were bringing even infants to Jesus; and he himself related this to the kingdom of God: Let the children come to me….for to such belongs the kingdom of God.”

“Repent, and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you and to your children” (Acts 2:38–39).

• JohnMcTernan says:

Baptism by definition means submersion in water and not sprinkling.
      The scripture you offer to prove infant baptism and regeneration does not hold water, certainly not for infant baptism.
      Only those who are old enough to understand can make a confession of faith can then be baptized into Christ.
      Infant sprinkling has nothing whatsoever to do with Christianity.
      In fact, sprinkling has nothing to do with real baptism. It is something invented by the Roman Church.
      If you were sprinkled as a baby, it means nothing in the faith.
      What you need to do is repent of following the doctrines of men; publicly confess Christ as your Lord and Savior, and then be baptized by submersion.
      There probably is a Baptist church in your area that would do it.

Why not follow the founder of the faith in baptism rather than the teaching of Rome?
      Mat 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
      Mat 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
      Mat 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
      Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

48. Matt says:

John,
    As Scripture indicates, those in heaven are aware of the prayers of those on earth. This can be seen, for example, in Revelation 5:8, where John depicts the saints in heaven offering our prayers to God under the form of “golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.”
    Also Psalms 148 “Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord from the heavens, praise him in the heights! Praise him, all his angels, praise him, all his host!” (Ps. 148:1-2).
    “[An] angel came and stood at the altar [in heaven] with a golden censer; and he was given much incense to mingle with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar before the throne; and the smoke of the incense rose with the prayers of the saints from the hand of the angel before God” (Rev. 8:3-4)

• JohnMcTernan says:

Rev 5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
      Rev 8:3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. (4) And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel’s hand.

The above verses show how our prayers are held in heaven to be answered by God. There is NO intercession mentioned in any manner by anyone including Mary. These are prayers that were directly offered to the Lord, and now He is going to use them to loose judgment on the earth.
      This is a pattern now of trying to justify Roman Catholic doctrine by “throwing” verses at manmade doctrines.
      Why not just follow what the Bible states instead of adding all this purely manmade doctrine?
      There is simply no need for what Rome has added which in many cases, violates what the Bible states.
      Decrees of the Catholic Church are not equal to what was written by the Prophets and Apostles.

49. Joni says:

Matt, you were very selective in answering questions. You used scripture none the less, scripture that you do not understand fully, and John is graceful enough to correct your thinking.
    I am curious, why avoid my questions while answering 2 others?
    I asked for scriptural evidence, and you seem to be able to provide others with replies, just curious.

God Bless us all,
    Joni

50. Dan.w says:

Matt,I didn’t know I was [lost] until I was found.I though all was o.k. between God and me..Then,my uncle shared through the scriptures what it took to enter heaven.It wasn’t through a denomination.It wasn’t by my efforts or good works.It wasn’t where I lived,who I knew,or who my earthly parents were.It was that I needed to be ‘born again’.I never heard this even once from your denomination,which was my prior background.The stained glass windows are pretty,but pretty dosn’t save.The people,mostly friendly,but friendly dosn’t save.What doe’s save is being ‘born again’.It is your Bible,just look at John 3;3,and check your pride at the door.It will be the best decision you will ever have made.To not do so could introduce you to the ‘unforgivable sin…..’that of rejecting Christ.,and that’s what you do when you don’t come to Him,His way.